We want to keep everyone updated on what we’re doing as a district to combat COVID-19 (Coronavirus). This page will be kept up to date with the latest information regarding COVID-19 and its effect on CCAISD.
Self Care Tips
March 2021 marks one year since COVID-19 began disrupting our lives. The levels of stress, anxiety, overwhelm and compassion fatigue has grown substantially in people’s lives during this time. Below are a few practical tips that can help support overall wellness and resiliency during this time.
- Get enough sleep. Getting 7-9 hours of sleep increases daily productivity and boosts mood.
- Exercise daily. Getting up and moving for at least 30-45 minutes of sustained activity.
- Eat healthy and well-balanced meals. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals. Make sure that you are getting adequate protein, healthy fats, and a variety of vegetables. Avoid processed foods and sugar.
- Go outdoors. Getting outside can help you escape the stressors of work and school. Being outdoors is good for your mind and mood and can help strengthen your immune system.
- Build a strong support system. Connect with friends and family and embrace new and existing interests.
- Manage stress. Although some stress can fuel motivation and drive, when we don’t properly manage stress it can lead to exhaustion, burn out and physical ailments. Find some time each day to sit quietly and take a deep breath. Try starting your day with a few minutes of deep breathing exercises.